Tuesday, 28 February 2012

PQP Mem0

I really liked reading your amazing novel “The House of the Scorpion.” I enjoyed reading the adventurous journeys of Matt, with that subtle hint of science fiction rolled into it. My favourite part of the book was when Matt defeated the keepers at the orphanage. I thought it was great because Matt did something that the people around him praised him for. This made me feel good for him because he wasn’t used to this.

I think the part of the story when Matt stepped on the piece of glass could have used some more information. You could have dived in more on the details because it didn’t stick with me throughout the story. I also was left wondering when Matt got stuck in the hole with the whale bones. I was reading and forgot about how they got themselves into that mess. I would like to ask you why you chose to include the part when Matt was spying on El Patrons niece’s wedding. I don’t think it was that necessary.

One thing I would do to improve your amazing book, would be to take out some of the characters. There were a lot of things where the reader needed to know who was doing what. Sometimes I forgot who was being talked about. If you did this, I think that it would make the book a lot easier to read and comprehend. That would create a lot more pictures inside of the readers head.

Overall, I would like to say that you wrote a very good book, and you should be proud of it. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel. Keep up the good writing!

-Brandon Hutchings

No comments:

Post a Comment